Saturday, March 28, 2015

Love Child: Snakeskin

THE REPTILIAN REALITY 
OF S-S-S-S-SNAKESKIN

It may be the Year of the Horse, darling Love Children, complete with all the requisite Chinese New Year festivities. But by my calendar, it’s the year of the Snake. Snakeskin, to be more exact.
Lille Snakeskin Light Lila
Lille Snakeskin Light Lila
Trust me. The temptation of this super hot animal skin pattern will be beyond your control. Already I’m falling for the trendy new bags slithering onto the shelves at Liebeskind’s SoHo boutique. The more pastel or vibrant the snakeskin hue, the better, so think pretty in pink…python. Or be rebellious in raucously-colored rattlesnake. I love Liebeskind’s pastel purple Lille handbag, as well as our light lime Madrid, a sort of two-tone tote with an almost iridescent yellow/blue effect and a handy side zipper. Don’t forget the neutral shades of tan and taupe, too. Anaconda, anyone?! I say, just be prepared to catch as many as you can. There’s no scaling back now!
Madrid lime snakeskin
Madrid lime snakeskin
Exotic, erotic, sensual, sultry. You can shed any fear of crawling into the woodwork when carrying one of these stunners. What a (snake) charmer you’ll be, with all eyes on you and your wild exotica. Snakeskin gives just the right amount of fashion bite to any outfit. Which is merely one of the reasons I love a reptilian rendition. Most people hate to admit wanting to be the center of attention. Not me! Put me in the middle of the room with a Liebeskind  snakeskin tote curled around each arm and I’ll be happily speaking in forked tongues, thank you very much!
How do you anticipate, erm, handling the snakeskin trend this season?