Saturday, March 28, 2015

Love Child: In the Stars

THE HANDBAG HOROSCOPE, 
THE LOVE CHILD WAY

Say what you will, but this Love Child adores Red Carpet who-wore-what pre-Oscar antics like those from this past Sunday, and it got me pondering how those talented celebrity stylists pick the perfect dress, the flawless bag and the consummate shoes for each particular personality. What if stylists navigated dress choices based on celebrities’ astrological charts?! Stranger things have happened, I’m sure, but it’s a concept I stumbled upon in a recent HuffPo reading, where stargazer-to-the-stars JoAnn Reeves offered us mere mortals her Spring 2014 sartorial star predictions. With a nod to JoAnn and a twist on her take,  here’s a little Love Child Handbag Horoscope predicting.
Testing out JoAnn’s astrological insights on my three BFFs, I decided to pair them with the Liebeskind bag of their birthright.  Jonnie, born in April, is a Taurus, and our world-renowned astrologer notes that Taurus indulges in “elegance that can last a lifetime.” JoAnn points to scarves and “neck adornments” as the Taurian go-to. Me? I’m suggesting Liebeskind’s Ginny Vintage in New Flint. It’s classic. It’s sophisticated in that pale grey way. And its buttery elegance will endure a lifetime.
Ginny Vintage in New Flint
Ginny Vintage in New Flint
Tyrrany is a Scorp, just like me. JoAnn’s augury is right on target for us, and I love her recommendation that Scorpios get ready for some “fun and games.” Which I’m going to translate as pass go and head straight for the vintage leather Liebeskind Dinah satchel in a soft chambray-like blue. Great for anytime Tyrrany and I tap into our blue jeans and just wanna have a good time.
Dinah Soft Blue
Dinah in Soft Blue
Which leaves me with Lily, a true conundrum. JoAnn anticipates “an intensely feminine look that speaks of a woman from another time or decade” for her sign, Aries. My interpretation? Lily’s BoHo chic/hippy chick nature will dig the Sue Vintage in nude. It’s a casual classic with a bit of sassy embellishment perfectly suited to now…as well as a former era.
Sue Vintage in Nude
Sue Vintage in Nude
So, what’s your sign and which Liebeskind bag is in your sartorial stars?